I strongly believe in the interconnectedness between health and happiness. I have been a Body & Life Transformational Expert since 1990.
Health became my top priority at 17 years of age after I gained 30 pounds almost overnight. I entered a dark depression that seemed to compound the problem. After withdrawing from society, I gained an additional 35 pounds by age 19. I had extremely poor eating habits, loved fast food and donuts! I began binge eating coupled with depression and found myself in a desperate situation. What a terrible time in life to develop a poor self image. I avoided social events at any cost, developed clothing avoidance and basically wanted to be invisible.
I know this is a common story for many people and it may hit home for you as well. It is so important to “Be Present” in your feelings and acknowledge the problem, however I simply could not do it. I had created my own prison without a key to exit, or so it seemed at the time. In brief, I knew I could not continue on living in this state. I immediately removed fried foods, beef and butter from my diet. I drove 17 miles to join an all woman’s gym to avoid seeing men. Health became my #1 priority. I researched, studied, attended seminars and learned how to achieve the health I desired. I lost 68 pounds from the age of 21-23. I am sharing my personal story so you know that I have been in the same place and understand all of your feelings, thoughts and desires for health.
I truly believe all we have is kindness as our legacy. My life’s purpose is to help people experience “Living Whole” … alive in each moment and enjoying the juiciness of life! I invite everyone to experience what it means to have your formula for balancing your body’s chemistry so that you can experience the precious “gems” of life, savoring every morsel of each moment.
- Body & Life Transformational Expert since 1991.
- My approach to nutrition is REVOLUTIONARY and my approach to helping others roll out a healthy lifestyle is PERFECTION IN MOTION.
- Specialize in PERSONALIZED NUTRITION and use your DNA to determine the ideal diet and exercise protocols.
- Certified Nutritionist, Coach, Speaker, Trainer Healthy Chef and purveyor of making dreams come true!
- Graduate of the C.H.E.K Institute with a certification in “Nutritional Life Coach”.
- I continue my education on specific cultural concerns; “Overcoming Addition”, “Obesity and Disease”, Raw Foods & Macrobiotic Studies, “Cause & Effect of Chronic Inflammation”.
1. What motivates you?
The look of self love and confidence in someones eyes that I’ve helped.
2. Describe a difficult work situation you were in and how you overcame it?
I use to be obese, severely depressed and self conscious. I was un able to be with people due to my self judgement and comparison habits. If you knew me you would understand how staying away from humans would rot my soul. I love my fellow sisters and brothers and I want to share the love and support I have for them each and every day. I over came my self defeating habits and began to investigate cooking, exercise and the proper ways to eat… 3 years later I was 68 lbs lighter and I’ve been able to hold it off and feel amazing for over 22 years! 🙂
3. What are your goals for the future?
To transform women’s relationships with their own bodies… to feel juicy in their own skin!
4. What’s your favorite snack?
Toasted spicy seaweed or a Dale’s Raw Food bar
5. What is your favorite quote?
This is of my favorite ones.. It keeps it light and fun. It reminds me to teach my clients that life is all about balance. To enjoy kale and carrot cake (gluten free of course :))
“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO what a ride!” -unknown