Watermelon Gazpacho By Linda Wagner
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, pureed in a blender
- 1 cup seedless watermelon diced small
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes, diced small, about 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 peeled, seeded cucumber, about 1/2 of one large cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 cobs of raw sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1/4 red onion, peeled, and diced fine
- 2 or more Tablespoons of lime juice, to taste
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and minced – alternately you could add several dashes of cayenne
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- large handful of cilantro cut fine as garnish
First blend your 3 cups watermelon until pureed. In a large bowl combine your watermelon puree with the diced watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, corn, onion, ginger, and jalapeno. Add lime juice, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Adding more of each as needed.
Refrigerate for about an hour and serve in well chilled with slices of avocado, finely cut cilantro, and fresh cracked pepper.