Potato Bake with Onion Turmeric
Total time: 50 minutes
- 4 large potatoes
- 6 tablespoons of cup coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 1 large clove of garlic, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 3 tablespoons peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices.
- First layer: In a deep oven dish, place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and a layer of potatoes so that they cover the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle with a third of the sliced onion, a third of the diced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, and 1 tablespoon of peas.
- Repeat another layer of potatoes, oil and the spices.
- Repeat a third and final layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and to your liking.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast on the layers for a cheesy taste.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper on the layers for a spicy taste.
- You can of course make this without peas, and add any vegetables that you like!
+ A great recipe to relieve stress, can be useful for people with depression/bipolar
+ Can be immune boosting
+ Potatoes: High in Vitamin C, B6 and Potassium
+ Coconut oil: aids healthy hair and skin
+ Turmeric: High in iron and manganese, powerful healing properties
+ Onion: High in Vitamin C
+ Peas: High in Vitamin C and K