Mashed Potato with Onion
Total time: 20 minutes
Onion brown onion, diced
1 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil for frying
2 large potatoes
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil for mashing(or coconut oil)
1 tablespoon of water or nut milk
1/2 teaspoon pHresh salt (optional)
Ground black pepper to serve
1. Boil the potatoes until they are completely soft.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, in a small fry pan heat the oil and fry the onion for 5-7 minutes until soft and golden brown.
3. Drain the water from the potatoes, and add the oil, salt and water and mash until smooth.
4. Stir in the onions. Season with pepper to taste.
+ High in vitamin C
+ Comfort food
+ Can help with depression, anxiety and mood
+ Relaxes the muscles
+ High in vitamin B6
+ High in potassium
+ Good brain food
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos – raw and unedited.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved