Make your own Turmeric Powder
Total time: 45 minutes boiling, 4-18 hours drying, 5 minutes grinding
Serves: 3 tablespoons of turmeric powder
3 inch piece of turmeric root (as seen in the photo above)
1. Peel the root. You may want to use gloves as it can stain your hands orange.
2. Boil the root for 40 minutes until soft.
3. Let it dry, either in the sun or the dehydrator. This can take 4-18 hours. The turmeric root should be completely dry.
4. Grind the dried pieces into a powder using a flour mill, if you don’t have that use a food processor/blender or a grater for bigger pieces. You can also use a mortar and pestle.
1. Add turmeric powder to rice, or stir fry ‘s!
2. Add it to juices, smoothies or herbal teas.
3. Turmeric is used in these Earth Diet recipes:
Yellow Mellow Turmeric Tea: http://www.theearthdiet.org/8/post/2013/01/yellow-mellow-turmeric-tea.html
Turmeric Chicken: http://www.theearthdiet.org/6/post/2012/11/turmeric-chicken.html
Potato Bake with Onion & Turmeric: http://www.theearthdiet.org/19/post/2013/08/potato-bake-with-onion-turmeric.html
+ Super healing
+ Boosts the immune system
+ Cleanses the liver
+ Cleans the blood
+ Cleanses the digestive system
+ Gets rid of toxins
+ People with cancer are getting positive results
+ Relieves arthritis
+ Can prevent cancer
+ Assists in weight loss
+ Clears allergies
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Jaron and Caleb Lopez- raw and unedited.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved