- Sparkling mineral water – my favorite is Topo Chico which you can get at your local grocery store, it’s the most fizzy!
- fruit of your choice – I love grapefruit, blood oranges, clementimes, lemons, lime, and/or muddled berries like strawberries, blackberries, etc.
- liquid stevia
- (optional) Herbs of choice – basil, thyme, sage, lavender, rosemary
- 1 tsp pHresh greens®
- Fill a large glass with ice.
- Squeeze or muddle desired fruit into glass.
- Add sparkling mineral water, a dropper full of liquid stevia, stir and enjoy!
In this recipe I squeezed the juice of half a small grapefruit. Grapefruit is one of my secret weapons when it comes to weight loss. According to Medical News Today, “The grapefruit diet is apparently not a myth. That’s what a new study by the Nutrition and Metabolic Research Center at Scripps Clinic has confirmed. Researchers there found that the simple act of adding grapefruit and grapefruit juice to one’s diet can result in weight loss. The 12-week pilot study, led by Dr. Ken Fujioka, monitored weight and metabolic factors, such as insulin secretion, of the 100 men and women who participated in the Scripps Clinic ‘Grapefruit Diet’ study. On average, participants who ate half a grapefruit with each meal lost 3.6 pounds, while those who drank a serving of grapefruit juice three times a day lost 3.3 pounds. However, many patients in the study lost more than 10 pounds.” Grapefruit is delicious and in season right now so eat/drink up!
This is also great for those of you trying to get off soda or get your kids off soda. It’s fizzy, sweet, and delicious sans the preservatives and toxic ingredients!