Eggs in a Hole
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 pieces of organic bread (wholewheat, whole grains – not refined or bleached grains)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado goes great with this meal – optional serve on the side or on top of the egg toast
- Toast two pieces of bread, but just a little, not so it is golden brown. Then cut out two holes in each piece of toast, use a small glass.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large fry pan, enough to fit two pieces of toast. Place the toast in the fry pan and crack one egg each into the holes in the toast.
- When the egg is cooked to your liking remove from heat and serve. If you don’t want runny yolk then poke a fork in the yolk, and flip the toast when it is in the fry pan to continue cooking.
- Season with salt, pepper or even cayenne pepper for spiciness! It goes great with avocado too!
Note: This is very similar to French Toast.
+ High in Protein
+ High in vitamin choline
+ Food for eye health