Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes and Pesto
- chicken breasts (I always use organic, free range chicken) – This recipe makes enough for up to 4
- your favorite Italian dressing as a marinade
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- sun dried tomatoes packed in oil (my fav is Mezetta, you can find them at most grocery stores)
For the Pistachio Pesto:
Place the basil leaves, pistachios, olive oil, and tsp sea salt in a food processor and blend until well combined.
For the Chicken:
First marinade the chicken in your favorite Italian dressing (I used Garlic Expressions, available at most grocery stores) for 2-24hrs. I typically put the chix breast in a glass dish, cover with dressing and a pinch of sea salt and leave in the fridge to marinade overnight.
Cook the marinated chicken in a skillet over med-high heat with the marinade. To keep the chicken moist, I included the leftover marinade and add about 1/4 cup of water in the skillet, covered it with a lid, and let cook for about 5-6 mins. Next take the cover off and let cook for another few minuets until the liquid evaporates. Once the liquid has evaporated, you can brown the chicken for about 45 sec – 1 min on each side.
Top with a layer of pesto and sun dried tomatoes. Viola, you’ve a tasty meal that’s absolutely PACKED with flavor and healthy to boot!