Chicken Chickpea Curry
Total time: 1 hour and 50 minutes
- 10 cups of water
- 1 3/4 cups dry chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon real salt
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger spice (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 whole cardamons
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 pound chicken, chopped into cubes
1. Add water to a large pot. Then add the rest of the ingredients except for the last 3 ingredients; cashews, oats and chicken. Bring to the boil and then lower heat to medium and cook for 1.5 hours until the chick peas are tender. Stir occasionally.
2. Add the cashews, oats, and chicken. Cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally.
3. Serve!The chickpeas should be soft and the chicken cooked through. Garnish with fresh cilantro and or avocado cubes and a squeeze of lime.
1. You can add greens like broccoli, peas, spinach and kale! Add it when you add the chicken.
2. If the curry gets dry add more water.
3. You can of course make this nut free – just skip the cashews.
4. If you use canned chickpeas, of course go for organic and BPA free, then add them at the same time you add the chicken. And you will only need to boil the spices for 10 minutes. This would make the recipe 35 minutes.
+ High in protein
+ High in amino acids
+ Digestive health
+ Regulates blood pressure
+ Chickpeas: High in folate, manganese, copper, antioxidants
+ Quinoa: High in iron and magnesium
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.