Bean Bolognese Sauce
This Bolognese sauce is essentially made with beans and tomatoes. I created this recipe using beans instead of ground beef for a ‘cleaner’ healthier recipe. The beans still make it high in protein, and is also easily digestible. This is a great sauce on top of brown rice pasta, or zucchini pasta or even rice. I first made this recipe for my very first Earth Diet “All You Can Eat” event November 2013. It was one of the most favorite dishes at the event. Enjoy! Love Liana.
Total time: 30 minutes
3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1 large brown onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic
2 cans of black beans, total 30 oz or 850g (or any type of beans) *You can also use beans in a packet, just soak them overnight and use them in recipe as follows.
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 organic can of tomato paste 12oz
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried marjoram or parsley
1 teaspoon of pHresh salt
1. Heat a medium pot with oil and fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until tender.
2. Mash the beans (unless you want them whole) with a potato mash instrument. Add the beans to pot and stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water and spices and stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes so all flavors can become well combined.
5. Serve on raw zucchini pasta, on brown rice pasta or rice.
Add more water if you want a smoother sauce.
+ High in protein
+ Immune Boosting
+ High in Vitamin C
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved