Avocado Brownies By Linda Wagner
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: gluten free, vegetarian, healthy, oil free
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 ripe mashed avocados
- 4 organic, free range eggs
- 1 cup raw sugar
- ½ cup raw chocolate powder
- ½ cup almond or coconut meal – this is a great way to use the leftover pulp from making your homemade almond milk!
- ½ tsp pHresh salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Make a double broiler and melt your chocolate. Then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. I used my immersion blender with the whisk attachment. You could also use a standard mixer. Continue whisking and slowly add your melted chocolate.
- Next add your almond meal, raw chocolate powder, salt, and vanilla extract and stir together until well combined.
- Then add your avocado. Make sure to mash your avocado well and blend well with your mixture, otherwise you will be left with little green chunks!
- Pour your mixture into a well greased baking dish and cook at 350F for 25 mins or until you can stick a fork in the middle and remove cleanly.